Friday 3 April 2020

36 Days of Type - Letters A to G

After graduating from my foundation degree and taking some time to relax away from the design process I returned in late December 2019 to get back in the swing of illustrating and sought to find a project I could dedicate myself too. My goal for this project was to develop the daily process of practicing my craft to push boundaries and remain a relevant designer and professional creative.

36 Days of Type is an annual open call event inviting designers, illustrators, and graphic designers to express their interpretation of the letters and numbers of the Latin alphabet. Originally created in 2014 as a personal project from Nina Sans and Rafa Goicoechea, both graphic designers from Barcelona, 36 days of type has grown into a global phenomenon where hundreds of thousands of people participate every year. I chose to use this project as a prompt for daily practice during a period in my design career when I needed reinvigorated with a fresh and exciting stimulus.

The following 7 letters are my first experiment into this project of creating everyday using this prompt:







You can view the full project on my portfolio at: https://hifromjakeken.myportfolio.com/36-days-of-type-botanicals-theme 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts