Monday 27 April 2020

eCommerce Store – Artist Research Honourable Mentions


Stated in my previous 3 posts, as with any commercial project it is integral for its success that any designs are based on strategic decisions. As stated, before what this means is that any designs, I produce must appeal to the target audience. I have observed three artists in an appropriate degree of depth, and I am confident I am ready to begin my design experiment process. The previous three artist are the biggest sources of influence to me during this experimental development process, however there has been a selection of other artists that have influenced my intentions for the aesthetic of my intended brand label. The following artists are the honourable mentions in that each aspect will influence the final design to a degree as well.

Artist 4 – Meyoco
Meyoco is at the peak of the Kawaii and Cute niche as an influencer and trend-setter. Meyoco’s credentials are marked loud and clear with her 1.2 million followers on Instagram which clearly affirm the majority of the niche’s admiration for her design aesthetic. I believe that the liquid elements and reflective aspects that have become signature to Meyoco’s visual appeal are aspects of her design that have drawn me to their work the most. In response to Meyoco’s illustrations I am keen to incorporate the elements into my current projects design experiments.



Artist 5 – Goodvibestype
“Goodvibestype” is the brand label and pseudonym of Kelli Laderer. Kelli is an ethical, eco-friendly activist that promotes positive mental health through her artworks and illustrations. Primarily her artworks aesthetics consist of blocked letter incorporated in creative and unique ways to convey her illustrations intentions. I am drawn to Kelli’s illustrations due to the interesting use of layout and composition regarding type and characters. In response to Kelli’s illustrations I am keen to explore and experiment with the way that she implements composition within this current project.



Artist 6 – Emily Kim
Emily Kim is a leader in the Kawaii and Cute niche community on Instagram sporting 450,000 followers celebrating her artworks daily. I believe that Emily is deeply influenced by a key element that sparked the rise of Kawaii and Cute niche within the western culture and that is the animation “Sailor Moon”. Sailor Moon stimulated a sub-niche within the overarching Kawaii and Cute niche called the “Magical Girl” category. I identify a lot of elements of the “Magical Girl” sub-niche within Emily Kun’s work and it is Emily’s unique take on these elements that draws me in as an influence on my current project. In response to Emily’s character illustrations I am keen to incorporate the elements I am drawn to, to develop a distinct style for my brand label to insure my target audience is attracted to buy.



Artist 7 – Yeaaah! Studio
Yeaaah! Studo’s is a French independent apparel and accessories brand owned and operated by husband and wife Stéphane and Lauara Casier. Each design that the brand sports is designed by Stéphane whilst all fulfilment is managed by Laura. As far as I can tell due to the nature of this independent business the only advertisement that Yeaaah! Studio’s utilises is through their social channel of Instagram which currently is sitting at a following of 186,000. Due to the linear advertisement route each post on their Instagram is carefully designed and curated to push the impression of the brand and the product to stimulate high conversion as at present it is the sole driving factor of the brand. I am extremely engaged with the content that they post as I believe it is appealing and visually pleasing which has driven me to check out their website and consider purchasing. I am keen to experiment with the compositional advertising that has stimulated me to the degree it has within my own brand and niche when moving forward into sales and marketing.



Artist 8 – Becky Cas
Becky Cas is an artist and illustrator based in Switzerland who is a prolific and celebrated creative In the Kawaii and Cute niche. The focus of Becky’s illustrations are the created and curation of simplified character designed to stimulate the part of the brain that generates an “awh” when something is to cute to handle. Becky has seen much success using this method making an estimated £7000 on her Etsy store based on average order value times by total store sales . I am drawn to the effect that her overtly cute style stimulates in her audience and I am keen to implement her designs as an influence in my stores product design experiments.



Conclusion
Having now scripted analysis regarding these final five artists I now conclude that the research phase of my eCommerce store product development is now complete. The next step in my process is begin my design experiments and start putting pen to paper developing potential design options exploring style, composition, colour, and concept. The next blog post will involve the showcasing of these design explorations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts