Monday 4 March 2019

Digital Skills Module - Animation Process & Sequences

Digital Skills is the 3rd module that I have studied during the second year of my foundation degree in animation and illustration. This module provided me with the opportunity to explore new methods of hand-drawn application regarding supporting software's. The following pictures highlight my first-hand experience, developed insight, as well as my resulting body of work as a result of dedicating my time to this module. 


This picture highlight's my set-up regarding the utilization of the Dragon-frame software when creating hand-drawn animation.



This picture highlights the shooting process utilized when capturing hand-drawn frames into the Dragon-frame software. 


This snap-shot is a photograph of the Dragon-kit remote control used to increase the workflow capabilities of traditional animation practice. The snap-shot on the right is a screen-shot from within the software representing the time-time and dope-sheet influenced by early 1900's animation technique. 


This is my first animated line-test regarding traditional animation practice. I utilized Posca pens on paper to produce each frame which I sequenced together utilizing the Dragon-frame software.



This is a photograph of a style-frame that I had proposed regarding my second pass of animation line-test utilizing the dragon-frame software as an approached for image sequencing. 


These are the frames that I drew for my third and final line-test regarding traditional animation utilizing the Dragon-frame software.


This is my third traditional line-test in motion. I acclaim this sequence as my finest utilizing this method of animation production during this modules experimentation.


This is my the 4th pass of my Photoshop animation production process. Here the key-frames feature the different sequences within the over-arching walk-cycle. 



These are a selection of frames from my 11th pass of Photoshop animation. The character is fully fleshed out and the frames are beginning to be finalized. 

This is my eleventh Photoshop line-test in motion. This is the first sequence that I have ever created whilst animating on ones. 




Here is a single frame from the 13th pass of my Photoshop-animation. As demonstrated in the snap-shot above I implemented a grainy colored texture onto my character sequence. It was my intention to implement a shaded boiling effect onto my sequence for aesthetic purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts